Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I read and posted this quote on my Facebook page yesterday: Holidays are enticing only for the first week or so. After that, it is no longer such a novelty to rise late and have little to do. ~Margaret Laurence

I came to school all excited and ready to be back to school.  By noon I had already had five students who cried about something, my sweet high functioning autistic boy had a major meltdown and another student had wet her pants and had to go to the office.  I knew I was back to school! The vacation was over!  The afternoon went much better until one of my students handed out birthday doughnuts and my annual New Year's resolution came to the test on the first day. 

Then after school as I was cleaning up my room a parent poked her nose in my room to retrieve a forgotten back pack and lunch box wondered if she could take a moment. She proceeded to tell me how her son with some special needs really likes me and was so excited to come back to school.  He told her that he had to come back to school 'cause Mr. Hager was missing him over the break. I did get a little piece of gold on a crazy day of getting back to routine. Yes, i admit it in my new teacher phase of my life, I do miss my students over the breaks. I know that I will get over it but right now I am just fine with it.  I do look forward to coming to school BUT I could  do without the crying the wet pants thing has got to stop!!!!! The joy of second graders!

No comments:

Post a Comment